Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Airbake

One of the things that I've noticed since I moved into my own place is that I am always looking for things to make my life easier. This includes pans, recipes, cleaning products, etc. I figure that I am not the only person in this situation, because who doesn't want life to be a little easier, so every once in a while, when I find something that helps make life easier I will post a little blog about it, giving uses for it and where you can buy it. So here we go.

A month after we moved in Alan and I had a house warming party, something simple, with lots of food and good friends. At this house warming party I received what I now consider to be one of the best inventions ever, and if I could meet whoever invented it I would shake their hand and tell them they are a genius. This lovely little thing is called an Airbake Pan. Basically the Airbake pan is a cookie sheet that comes with two layers, so thicker than your typical cookie sheet, there is a gap between the first and second layer (you can't see this gap you can only feel it). What happens is when you stick the pan in the oven the air gets heated and bakes whatever you are baking much more evenly. Your cookies are golden brown all around not golden on top and brown on the bottom, garlic bread the same thing, basically this pan is one of the greatest things ever. Plus, when you use this pan you actually get to follow the baking times, because I don't know about anyone else, but my oven is slow (this could be because I firmly believe I have one of the first electric ovens ever invented) and it takes an additonal five to ten minutes to bake anything. This pan cuts that back down to maybe an additional minute here or there. I love this pan just because it makes things easier because I mean really who likes burnt garlic bread, or rock hard cookies. Who likes spending an extra five minutes waiting for cookies to finish? I don't have the patience for this nonsense. So this is why I reccomend this pan. Pricewise it is quite reasonable, and you can find it at Target, Wal-Mart, and many other places. What's great is that Airbake doesn't just make cookies sheets, they make many different types of pans, which I haven't been able to try, yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment