Monday, August 31, 2009

One question

Over the past few years I have been toying with the idea of starting a blog, but I was never really able to come up with an idea for a topic. Over the past few years I have come up with a few ideas here and there, but they weren't things that I felt I could run with, but more importantly I didn't feel these ideas were things that might help anyone. And helping others is something that I felt was extremely important. It wasn't until I graduated from college in May and then moved in with my boyfriend in July, that I realized that life itself is the best thing to write about. It's the ups and downs, the hardships, the moments when all you want to do cry but at the same time you can't help but laugh because there is nothing else you can do, and its the learning not only about yourself but about what you can handle. I started writing because honestly, I wish someone had told me how hard being a grown up could be. I mean don't get me wrong, I knew that life wasn't going to be easy, in fact I believe that if life is easy one of two things is happening either you're doing something wrong or you better watch out because this is the calm before the storm. I knew the basics about being on your own and growing up; I knew about the bills, cleaning my own place without small children who have to do chores to help, constantly having things to do to keep up with things, and then all the other little things that like to pop up when it is the worst possible time. But my mom had spent so much time making such things look easy that when I had to start doing it for myself I got a rude shock. When I think about it I knew what it was going to be like to have a roommate because I had roommates and suite mates in college, but I guess I just didn't realize what it would be like to not have a roommate per say, someone who I could shut the door on if they got on my nerves, but instead to have a housemate, someone I shared a space with and no matter what I could never really get away from. This someone is a person I wake up to, come home to, watch leave, and just in general share a complete and total space and life with. Now that I have a little taste of what it is like to be a grown up all I have to wonder is: I grew up for this?

No comments:

Post a Comment